Sunday, August 5, 2007

Parting IS such sweet sorrow

It was rainy in Milwaukee all weekend, which kept the TA indoors. Bummer, because it would have been a hoot to drive it to Liza's 20th HS reunion Saturday night, the bird matching Liza's dress notwithstanding.

A better time was had than we thought we'd have, and unlike my 20th reunion last year, they actually played all music from the era (even if it was canned). A few too many (famous but yucky beer that has the naming rights to a stadium in Milwaukee) did NOT help, however, when the automated travel reminder call came in at 4:30am reminding Grandpa Fred about his early Sunday flight! This is what happens when the beer is free and the wine is $5.

Today, Sunday, was dreary. I spent much of the morning in the garage with the TA. I put the T-tops back on, cleaned the covers and put the car cover on the front seat for Grandma Joan to deal with next week.

I felt really bummed. I so didn't want to leave the car. I felt like it had taken so long to get everything settled: the sale, the insurance, the paperwork...and now we were being separated again! (here's where you can come in and suggest I get my head examined).

We're back in Atlanta. The car's in Milwaukee. I miss it already.

No comments: