Sunday, January 6, 2008

Paint Job

Ok, so when I was driving the Sebring, I had a few minor scrapes that had me take the car into a local body repair/paint shop.

When I took the car in for an estimate, I mentioned that I had a classic car and might be interested in coming in for a paint job. They showed me around and they even had a few classics in the shop. The shop was clean, well-lit, and had lots going on.

These folks have been in business since the 1970s, BTW. I liked the folks I met with and felt comfortable with them.

Last week I took the TA in for an estimate. Basically, the TA could use some work on the driver's side door, both bumpers and the spoiler. They'd also have to replace one of the decals, the one on the front bumper. For that they quoted me just over a grand.

So I have been mulling that over while soliciting advice from the ACFA, who recommended shops in Covington (45 mins away) and Decatur (close by).

I think if I can get these little paint matters done she will be much more show-worthy, not that I'm complaining. She's still no show queen and I accept that!!!!

I forgot to mention that at the ACFA show in November, the TA was awarded a Participants Pick trophy! The first, and maybe not the last. That was weird. I hadn't gotten any kind of trophy since, oh, 1981, and no plaques since, oh, 1986. BUT I'm not going to be concerned about awards. The point is to drive the car and have fun driving it...right?!

No comments: