Friday, September 14, 2007

Busy weekend

Long delay in posting, sorry about that!

The TA missed a workout Labor Day weekend as Liza, Noah and I headed up to the Asheville, NC area for a church retreat.

I think we made up for it last weekend. Saturday was the 45 minute drive to McDonough for the monthly ACFA meeting. Additional folks were there, all very nice. It was gratifying to finally get the car in sight of folks who would actually really appreciate it! And they did. These folks know what they are talking about, and when THEY say your TA is in great shape, you can believe it!

There were two new members (actually one that was thinking about it) there so it was nice to not be quite the newbie any longer. After discussions about a club member who is ill, a TA Nationals recap and discussions about the upcoming club show, it was off to lunch with several in the group.

After I got home, I turned right back around and went to Tucker for the Tucker Cruise-in folks' show. Originally I thought I'd just park the TA nearby and walk into the show, but I guess I got into the spirit of things and actually put the car in the show.

Now don't get me wrong; I am well aware that my TA, while wonderful, ain't no show queen (or king). I definitely could have gone either way on putting it in or not. For better or worse (who am I kidding--totally for worse!) I had to park right behind a gorgeous '70 TA that ended up one of the runner-ups of the approximately 45-car show. I had no illusions of getting any type of official recognition, and my thoughts were right on. ;) Still, a lot of looks and nice complements.

Armed with the flyers from our show, I passed out a bunch of them. Some folks were enthusiastic straight away, and others said they'd need to find their passport in order to go to McDonough. Can't blame them for that!

Driving throughout Saturday, I didn't notice anything unusual. It had the usual slow start first thing, and then a smooth ride and starts after that. I had my first fillup as well--about $50!

Friday I changed the front driver's side headlight, which I'm very proud of. I had to go to no less than three--that's three--automotive stores to find the right one.

I also managed to stick the corner of the headliner back to the roof. It's not a perfect job but it's serviceable, as in I didn't drive around with that damn flap of headliner blowing in the wind!

No comments: